Thursday, November 10, 2011

Life

Here is a beautiful picture that I found today. I have been staring at it for the past 5 minutes. I think it is so powerful because it has the ability to showcase an entire lifespan in four simple images. 
It is painful 
beautiful
timeless
relatable
symbolic
cyclic
spiritual


I think that it represents the passing of times, the changing of seasons, and the growth of someone (or multiple peoples) throughout a lifetime. If you notice the trees in the image, as one is maturing and then dying, the other one is acquiring new growth and finally reaching its maturity. In the final frame, dead tree is springing up a new sprout and continuing the circle of life.

The final thing that I noticed in this image is the importance of the birds. 
After the girl enters his life, there is only one bird remaining in the sky. The couple is separated from the bird because they are limited to only being on the ground.
In the final frame after both of them pass away, there are no birds in the sky because all three of them have been united in heaven and there is nothing that is separating them from each other. The three of them are finally able to be together.

I have only pointed out a few of my observations from this image. I challenge you to absorb it and see what other meaning you can pull from it. I would love to hear what you come up with. 

As I watch the leaves fall off the tree, 
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment