Monday, April 23, 2012

Boot Toppers - Easy as 1,2,3

I had seen an idea for making boot toppers recently and thought that it was brilliant. You get the look of having super warm socks poking out of your boots without worrying about your feet sweating. I had some really fun neutral scrap yarn that had bits of metallic gold and the texture looked homespun. I thought this would be perfect for boot toppers because they would go with anything. I started looking for patterns on ravelry.com but didn't find anything that I was satisfied with so I decided to make my own.

Here's how it turned out. Let me know what you think.




The Pattern: 
  1. With small circular needles or Double Points, Cast on 44 stitches with US size 6 needles (or size needed to obtain gauge). 
  2. Work in two by two rib until piece is desired length. 
  3. Bind off extremely loosely and weave in ends. 
Repeat steps 1-3 for the other leg. After they are both finished wear with style and confidence!

You can adjust this pattern any way you want. Number of stitches can vary for different calf sizes or you can play with the pattern and do other things besides a basic rib. I would recommend having some type of rib at the top and bottom though and playing around in the middle. Good luck and if you make your own version I would love to see it! You can email any pictures to adams.m49@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment