Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fall Has Fallen

Yesterday Chloe had her first experience with piles of leaves. It was a pitiful pile of leaves but she enjoyed it just the same. I know you might find it surprising that my four year-old puppy has just now experienced fall to its fullest but there's an explanation: The only large trees in our yard are evergreens so we've never had enough leaves to play in but this year our trees are finally big enough to create a pile substantial enough to withstand the wind.

So, back to Chloe's leaf-ey experience:

We went outside and I plopped down in the leaves and threw a few into the air. Chloe came bolting over --easily forgetting her bad hip-- and skidded to a halt, causing the leaves to rustle. When I threw another handful of leaves into the air she jumped up and tried to catch some of them in her mouth. Then, she got up in my face and licked me a few times, telling me to do it again. This process repeated a few times until the ADD kicked in and Chloe's attention shifted to something else.

I wish I had been able to take pictures because it was definitely a Kodak moment. So, until it happens at a time when I do have my camera, the memory of it will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment