Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

This post is answering the question:
How was your thanksgiving break? What kind of food did you eat? Do anything fun?

Here is my answer:

My thanksgiving break was pretty good even though it went by too fast! I'll share with you some of my highlights from the last 10 days.
  • The day after I got home Brandon took me to the Stephen Curtis Chapman concert that was taking place at our church. Even though I didn't know much of the music, it was a really enjoyable concert. It was musically amazing and incredibly inspiring. The band Caleb opened for him and they were a pleasant surprise. Caleb Chapman is Stephen CurtisChapman's son and has inherited much of his father's musical talent. Brandon and I bought their CD and I've been enjoying listening to it.
  • Getting to be at home for more than a weekend, and spending time with family and friends was really nice. I got to catch up with a lot of people I hadn't seen in quite a while. I hosted a party for all of my hometown friends to get together and catch up. Most of us hadn't seen each other since the summer so it was awesome to all be in the same room together again.
  • I got to go either goose or deer hunting almost everyday of the week, which was awesome! Even though it wasn't the most successful hunting, I had some great bonding time with my dad and sister-in-law.

  • On thanksgiving day, my Kelly cousins came over and we ate a deliciously traditional thanksgiving meal. Yumm. After dinner we turned on the game for a little bit. Then Tyler called us from Afghanistan and we were able to Skype with him for a good while. It was so great being able to see his face and hear his voice. He was in a very goofy mood (typical Tyler), and was cracking tons of jokes.
Overall, my break was really relaxing and enjoyable, but it's nice to be back to VT. Here goes the home stretch of Fall semester! Wish me luck. -Mackenzie

I'll miss this sunrise until I go home again.



"There are three wooden crosses on the right side of the highway,
Why there's not four of them, now I guess we know.
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you,
It's what you leave behind you when you go."
Randy Travis, Three Wooden Crosses

No comments:

Post a Comment