Friday, October 5, 2012

Full Weekends

So, I went home this past weekend and came away feeling very inspired and encouraged! It partially felt too soon to be going home but I'm so glad I did.

Here's things I did while home:
  • A lovely 7 mile bike ride to a playground
  • lunch at a cute independent place called Dillweeds following the bike ride
  • Home cooked meal and played games with the parents
  • Lovely lunch with Andrew's family
  • Celebrating my little cousins birthday, surprise style
  • Saw another cousin who was very ill and is doing remarkably better now
  • Watched The Hunger Games movie and marveled at how much was left out from the book.
  • Got very inspired to go hunting. Awaiting Thanksgiving break for that
  • Great time with my oldest brother and his beautiful expecting wife. Can't wait to be an aunt again!
  • Church and lunch following with the family

Going home this past weekend was just such a blessing to be. By the time I got back to school, I was feeling very encouraged and rested. 

I love the hometown that God has blessed me with and can't wait to get more involved in the town community there. I often find myself wishing that Bel Air was more like Blacksburg and I am realizing the ways that they are similar.  Yes, Bel Air is populated by way to many successful career people and their preppy little families and it has become much more build up than I would like. 

Despite this, it is still the town I have grown up in and come to love. I am looking forward to discovering the similarities that it has to Blacksburg when I move back home. I want to try all the restaurants on Main Street, attend local music festivals and art shows, grocery shop at the farmer's market every Saturday morning and whatever other quaint happenings the town has to offer. 

Today is InterVarsity's Fall Retreat and I am super excited. Big things are going to happen and I know it's going to be super fun! I'm really looking forward to seeing what Giant Jenga is like. 

Hopefully more updates on this after the weekend.

Until then find rest and joy in the day-to-day.
Love,
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment