Sunday, October 21, 2012

Celebrating Fall







I am proud to actually have pictures to post with my text this week! I feel as if I have neglected my camera over the past few months. I know it's weird feeling sorry for inanimate objects but I feel sorry for my camera for not giving it the attention it deserves. Not only does is deserve my attention but I love spending time with it. I find it amazing how the wind can be howling around my camera and it will not affect the image it captures because it's just sound. I often feel like sounds and smells should also be captured in a single image but this way just leaves room for imagination. It always amazes me how a camera works to capture beauty that sometimes smacks us in the face and says "look at me" and sometimes you have to look at the overlooked and sometimes the ugly and draw the beauty out of it.  I am reminded that everything is beautiful in its own way. Sometimes it just takes a special eye to see it that way. 

This past weekend I went hiking on Tinker Cliffs in Roanoke, VA. Round trip it was 7.2 miles. While I was not as energetic going into the hike, it was a really good trail! There were fun bridges for creeks, ladders to climb over barbed wire fences, cow pastures to walk beside, and a variety of elevation grade. I wish it wasn't as cold and windy when we got to the summit so that we could have explored the amazing rocks more but it was a fair trade off for the autumnal coloring. There were a fair amount of people on the trail but from what we heard it was just a popular hiking day all around. Overall, it was a great hike and I would definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment