Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 27

I apologize for the extremely short post last night. I procrastinated blogging til late and then my uncle and cousin came in to spend the night because of the snow.

Today: I was either outside in the snow or warming up in front of the fire. When life gives you a lack of hills on your land what do you do? Make your own! We (we meaning Dad) have built up a pile of snow that is 15 feet and growing. Brandon and I have been making paths down all sides of Mt. Everest with sleds and it is pretty awesome!!! I have gotten some major air going down that hill today.

After doing that we had to unearth our yew bushes. They looked extremely pitiful because not only had they been snowed on but the snow from our roof slides down directly onto them causing the yews to be flattened. Needless to say my brother and I threw out every possible pun involving "yew" that we could think of. For example: I'm helping yew, are yew okay, sorry that i'm standing on yew, are yew hurting? Things like that.

Then, Nana and Pop invited us down for a delicious dinner (as always) and dessert. I put a few pieces into their puzzle but then left for home to see my mom who I had not seen since Tuesday morning. She's been snowed in at work since then but she's very glad to be back home.

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
-Mackenzie

P.S. My hat today was made by my mom for my dad and it is extremely warm. The theme for my pic today is "Mug Shot".

No comments:

Post a Comment