Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 30

Well, its finally here; the end of hats.
You may have noticed that I am writing this 31 days after I started and not 30. This is because Yesterday was quite hectic and I wanted to give this blog its justice being that it's the last one.
I had decided way in advance what my last hat was going to be. It was really quite easy because yesterday was Valentines Day and last winter I had made a red beret and I thought it was perfect for the occasion. I was wearing it for the first time and I received several compliments on it.

I went to church and then mi familia and I made a guest appearance at the SMBC, Deleware Chapter. We had a lovely time there as always and immediately after that I went to a Rapha House meeting.
The Rapha team and I are presenting our workshop to the students at fuel this coming week and then 4 times the next weekend at PCTC! Its really really exciting to see it all come together and I am praying (and maybe you will too) that our workshop will have an impact on the people who see it.

A question I was asked several times yesterday was, "What have you learned from the past 30 days?"

That really made me think. I've learned several things through this process and the first was to be confident. I realized that whatever goofy thing I stuck on my head it was most important that I was confident in it. Even if I didn't feel like it at first I would "fake it until you make it." If you act confident then you will appear confident; people will treat you that way and you will begin to feel confident.
The second is thing was one of my goals from the start was to be in constant prayer. I read this passage towards the beginning of my 30 day adventure.
1 Corinthians 11:3-16 says:

3Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 4Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is just as though her head were shaved. 6If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. 7A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.
11In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God. 13Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. 16If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.
That passage has a bit of meat in it but I knew exactly what I should take away from it. I needed to be in constant prayer every time there was a hat on my head. Now, I'm going to be honest; this sort of worked for a couple days and then after that I forgot about it and went on with my normal life.
Also, 30 days is a long time and a lot can happen. The snow put a damper on my plans for over a week and even then, looking back, Day 1 seems like so long ago and so many things have happened since then.
Something I am curious about is if this formed any habits. It is said to take 26-28 days to make a habit and I am wondering what habits I have formed. I am planning on letting you know when I find out. If you were wondering I am NOT wearing a hat today but I am blogging. Here is a picture of my hat free scalp:

30 Days of Hats has been an enjoyable experience and I would definitely recommend it to you! If you do decide to do it let me know; I might have some hats I could lend you. ;)
If you haven't looked up any of my other sign-offs please look up this one:
Obesa cantavit!
-Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment