Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 12

Well, for the first time since I started this I am truly speechless. I'm sitting here racking my brain for something to write about and my only solution so far is to write about how I don't have anything to write. Okay I have and Idea... I'll tell you the history behind the hat.
I was probably about 12 and my mom and I had dropped my brothers off at a science class (this was a weekly event). Instead of driving half
an hour home just to turn around and go back we would go to the library or go shopping. We went into REI so my mom could do some christmas shopping for my brother and I was browsing around. Thats when it happened. I saw the hat and at that point in my life it was the coolest hat i'd ever seen. I knew I had to have it. I wasn't usually the beggar type (or at least that's what I think, Mom would probably beg to differ), but what else was a 12 year old to do? I wasn't carrying a purse or even a wallet and I didn't have an income to pay my mom back with so I begged. I started with the subtle approach, talking about how cool the hat was but when my mom didn't seem at all interested I outright begged.
She kept saying that I didn't need it and that it was too expensive (if I remember correctly it was about $20). Needless to say I left the store that day with a very bad attitude, a grudge against my mom, and no hat.
A month later I opened it in my christmas presents! I acted delighted to finally
have the hat of my dreams but in reality I felt guilty for making such a big deal about it.
The Storal of the Mory is: Stuff is stuff, even though I am still very glad I finally received the hat in my christmas presents.

Dixi, Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment